Weeks Sports Expectations
- Be On Time…
- Be prepared and ready for practice when it is scheduled to start- that means: appropriate shoes/clothing/uniform, hair out of face, jewelry off etc.
- If late, consequences may include, running, extra drills, or other strength/conditioning drills.
- If being on time is a repeated issue, you will lose participation time.
- Responsibility and Respect…
- Be respectful to the coach, teammates, other teams/coaches, officials, etc. Keep in mind your responsibilities as a teammate and helping with equipment. Remember you are representing Weeks anytime you are in uniform.
- As a player you are a role model in the classroom and poor choices in the classroom may result in consequences at practice and or meet.
- If respect is an issue, consequences may include loss of participation time, running, extra drills, or extra strength/conditioning drills.
- This includes no foul language during practice or games.
- Excused Absences…
Absences MUST BE EXCUSED. A doctor’s note, parent’s note or note from a teacher is needed, as well as advanced notice to when you will be absent (if possible). Unexcused absences are not acceptable and will result in consequences such as loss of playing time.
Attendance is required at ALL team functions. Sitting out, but at practice will result in one unexcused practice (you must bring your practice gear). Practices will be held on ALL regular full school days (No Wednesdays), in which there is no game, from 3:40-5:00.
Players must ride in school transportation to and from all away games. Players may only ride home from games with a legal guardian and must be signed out. Exceptions must be approved by the head coach and written documentation must be provided before the game.
Parent/Guardian or approved exceptions will sign-out their student under the supervision of a coach when they are taking responsibility for a student.
- Cannot play until grade is raised from a 1 or 1.75 to a “2” or a “D” or given exemption from teacher (Student should report to teacher after school if possible)
- Level 2 = Loss of playing time
- Level 3 Referral (OSS/ISS) = Miss minimum of 1 game or meet (if suspension is not on game day, it is up to the coach if you will attend the next game and sit on the bench). Students who are suspended from play will not dress in uniform but will sit on the bench and support the team. Please sign, cut, and return the bottom portion of this form to the coach. Please keep the Rules/Expectations Sheet for your records.I have read, understand, and accept the conditions stated on the 2018-2019 Weeks Middle School Code of Conduct Sheet. Furthermore, I understand and accept the inherent risk of sport participation.
X ___________________________________________Parent/Guardian Signature
X ____________________________________________ Player Signature