Nathan Weeks School was named in honor of Nathan Weeks, the first principal of Lincoln High School. Mr. Weeks was active in the community as a teacher and leader. Mr. Weeks passed away in May of 1949.
Construction of our school began in 1951 at a cost of over a million and a half dollars. Complete building usage began in 1953 with a full day schedule. Additions were made to the original plans to house a larger enrollment in 1965 and 1977. During the 1983-1984 school year, 6th graders were added to the school and 9th graders moved on to Lincoln High School. During the 2003-04 school year, Weeks moved to the Kurtz Jr. High Building, while sales tax money was used to renovate and upgrade the school. This renovation connected the main building to the annex with a new area called the “Link”, remodeled the the cafeteria and shop areas, added a new geothermal heating and cooling system, and saw the creation of a beautiful new gymnasium. In the fall of 2004, Weeks returned to a newly renovated building at 901 E. Park Avenue.
The first principal of Weeks was Mr. Edward G. Bigot. His successors include: Dr. Warren Nixon, Mr. Erwin Hafenstein, Mr. Keith Van Horn, Dr. Carl Millsap, Mr. Wendell Miskimins, Mr. Tom Lee, Mr. Steve Seid, Co-Principals Ms. Gail Soesbe and Ms. Susanna Marcucci, and Mr. Jim Mollison. The current principal is Mrs. Audrey Rieken.