Annual Trip to Washington, D.C.
WHO: 2013-2014 – Des Moines Public Schools 8th graders.
WHAT: Close Up is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that works with students and educators to promote active citizenship. Close Up has 40 years of experience in history education and has welcomed over 750,000 students and teachers to Washington, DC.
WHERE: Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia
WHEN: Sunday, March 16, 2014 to Thursday, March 20, 2014 (spring break)
Price and what is included:
- Roundtrip airfare out of Des Moines.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) beginning with dinner on Sunday and ending with lunch on Thursday
- All transportation around Washington DC (by coach bus)
- Secondary health insurance and access to Georgetown Pediatric Center
- 24-hour adult supervision, including night monitors and dedicated program staff
- Hotel accommodations at a high-quality Metro accessible hotel
- The price will be around $1600.00 per student
For additional information or questions, please contact:
Amber Graeber, Social Studies Curriculum Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit the web site . . . Close Up Foundation, http://www.closeup.org/
Fall Informational Meetings:
- Monday, Sept. 23 @ Callanan MS Library
- Tuesday, Sept. 24 @ Brody MS Library
- Thursday, Sept. 26 @ Goodrell MS Library
all meetings 6:30-7:00pm